Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle symbol question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speakerguy

OK, so I am making a symbol for a PIC in Eagle. On pins where it's active low or something like that, I usually just use a pin with an inverter circle.

The pins on this PIC have multiple functions, some active high others active low. How do I add the little bars across certain letters to show it's active low? (such as EN with a line on top for active low enable). That way I could use a regular pin and, with the list of pin functions, just show which were active high or low with the text for each. Right now I am just putting a ' symbol after the function for that pin that is active low and it is not very visible. In PADS I would just do \EN\ and I would get an active low enable with the bar over it.

Thanks!

Putting a "* " is also possible.
there are spl characters table in MS word . perhaps a go thro that table may help you select few. there after you may have to try tranfering it thro paint or some other package.

BTW, there must be a way of calling a ASCII code any character from that list.

Another example change the language and see whether some of the characters will be useful

There are a number of different conventions for indicating active low signals without an overbar.

Here are a few...

/EN is closest in appearance
-EN shows negation
EN# is used for some microcontrollers (Intel 8051)
nEN or n_EN are used when special characters are not allowed

As you are probably using / to separate names on multifunction pins, my preference would be #, but - is very usable, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back