Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

Eagle schematic tutorial 2010-08-08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

Mikebits submitted a new article:

Eagle Schematic Tutorial - I wrote up a Eagle tutorial for another user on this forum, but I thought, what the heck someone el

I wrote up a Eagle tutorial for another user on this forum, but I thought, what the heck someone else might find it useful so I am posting it here. Feel free to say it sucks or whatever. Useful comments would be better though.

Read more about this article...

Hi Mikebits,

I just had a glance and it looks fine so far - with a small omission.

I guess any technical drawing (also a schematic) requires some sort of "frame".

That should be the first step when creating a schematic, using any kind of frame, contained in the library "frames.lbr"

I know from schematics for building management systems (containing up to 100 sheets) that they always have a frame with sectors divided into letters and numbers, referring in further sheets to the position of e.g. a relay, where the coil might be placed on sheet 1, one pair of contacts on sheet 5 and another one on sheet 11.

If the entire schematic is contained on one sheet the frame might be omitted, but anyway it looks neater with frame. It also helps to get oriented.

Yet another advantage using a frame is when going to print a schematic. Knowing the format, e.g. DIN-A4 the printer uses that format when printing (because of the max paper size it can handle. If the schematic is over sized you won't know it and the result will be a split print on two pages.

Hint: Printing a DIN-A3 sheet on DIN-A4 paper requires a scale factor of 0.67 to 0.7 max (without borders)

Regards

Boncuk

Last edited:
Good suggestion, I think I will change my document to reflect your input.

Thanks

Can I just say, never EVER think that something is too basic to post.
There is ALWAYS folk like me who know absolutely sweet fanny addams.:confused:
But LOVE to learn.
Bless you all guys.

Last edited:
Looks great - unfortunately as a non-windows user it would be easier for me open in RTF or PDF format - is it possible to offer the download in these formats too? I know I can use OpenOffice, but would rather stick with lightweight readers on my tiny netbook :)

Last edited:
Looks great - unfortunately as a non-windows user it would be easier for me open in RTF or PDF format - is it possible to offer the download in these formats too? I know I can use OpenOffice, but would rather stick with lightweight readers on my tiny netbook :)

Okay, I uploaded a PDF version of the file. :)

Very nice, easy to follow.

kv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back