Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle question

Status
Not open for further replies.

danrogers

I want to make some shields for my arduino. I have edited the schematic - basically deleted all but the connectors which updates on the PCB layout. I want to now wire up a couple of simple IDC sockets on the shield, but every time I try and wire something it says I have to do it on the schematic first.

I'm really not interested in the schematic for this simple task so how do I un-link the schematic and the PCB?

thanks in advance

Use the windows explorer to copy the *.brd file. Rename it to something else than the original *.brd file.

Now you have created a board without preceeding *.sch file.

Load the new board file. To make sure you have just loaded a *.brd file click on "window". There should not be the choice to switch to schematic.

Throw onto the board whatever you like and connect pins (pads) using air wires. That way you'll avoid wrong connections.

Route the airwires as the connections dictate.

Done!

Boncuk

Close the schematic window.

That won't do any good! Closing the schematic window and applying changes to the PCB layout the next consistence check will fail!

Opening existing boards or schematics the second part will always be loaded too at the next opening of either file.

Boncuk

thanks lol that's a nice simple solution :)

I have a switch that I used on another project, but I cant remember where in the library that I found it, is there a way that I can find out from the board what the part is, or even copy it across to my new board? Everything I have tried so far has failed!

Yes, you can find out easily which part it is and from which library it was taken.

Find the big "I" (nformation) and click on the part you want the information about. The "I" can be found at the top left of the tools selection bar.

Eagle will provide information about the "device" and which library it is derived from.

Boncuk

Last edited:
SOIC8 packages should be found in the library "Linear".

Boncuk

The 8-pin SOIC package can also be found in ref-packages and ref-packages-longpad. There are several slightly different SOIC8 packages. Be sure to measure the one you have and compare it to the Eagle package that you chose.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back