Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle polygon + ratsnest help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakoko79

[SOLVED]Eagle polygon + ratsnest help

My problem is about ground planes.

I know how to do a ground plane or any signal plane.. my problem is described in the picture.

see the pad(green) and the trace? Well I did a polygon here to fill a signal trace, it is good besides the fact that THE RATSNEST DON'T COMPLETELY COVER THE PAD.

See, there are instead 4 or 5 lines from the signal connecting to the center of the pad. Because of that, there are gaps between the signal trace and the pad and the gaps are visible after printing... What I usually do is to darken it with a marker.. But now, I'm fed up. I want to know the real solution.

I want to fill those gaps.. anyway to do it?

thanks=)

(sorry, I forgot the picture =))

View attachment 65575

Last edited:
You didn't attach a picture so I'm going to have to guess.

I would assume you are looking at thermals, which are essential if you want to solder to the pad. Without those lines you'd need to heat up the whole plane before you can properly solder to the pad.

If you don't need to solder then you can turn thermals off.

You didn't attach a picture so I'm going to have to guess.

I would assume you are looking at thermals, which are essential if you want to solder to the pad. Without those lines you'd need to heat up the whole plane before you can properly solder to the pad.

If you don't need to solder then you can turn thermals off.

Thankss!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back