Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle PCBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using a one person commercial license that came with the autorouter, but after my second PCB, I have stopped using the autorouter. There is only so much it can do, and it usually does more wiring than necessary, at least for my designs.

One helpful hint: After placing all you components, hit the "ratsheet" button that looks like an x. That will reorganize the yellow air wires to get them as short as possible. This is useful when you have several connections to the same component pin. Otherwise, when you use autorouter, it will make unnecessary long traces and extra ones too.

I am still a noob at it, and that one tool helped a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back