Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle PCB Making!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wond3rboy

HI, i made an Eagle PCB and wanted to get it made from a PCB house but when i gave them the .brd file and the Gerber files they said i had given them the Front view and asked for me to give him the Back view.Now i thought that once you create an Eagle file and give the Gerber files it was enough.The question is that have they gone rockers! or have i missed something? Please reply.

If the PCB-manufacturer is not able to create his own Gerber files I strongly recommend to choose another one.

Almost all of them have the software to accept any board file created with a common layout program. Eagle is very much common.

yeah i am going to try another one, i also included a page which tells how to make Gerber with eagle.To my question is there a concept of front view and back view in .brd format or Gerebr format.thanks

It is advisable to use some text on the solder side of your PCB design, such as name of the circuit or reference number. The printing is mirrored on your PCB and helps the manufacturer to make the PCB the proper way.

(your view of the circuit is "looking through" the board, and the gerber plot must invert the picture)

If you are looking for a PCB manufacturer in Europe you might try https://www.bilex-lp.com (in capitals: BILEX-LP) in Bulgaria. The prices are the cheapest I have found. The PCB-quality is excellent. There is a small downside: lead time is up to 6 weeks, normally 4.

Boncuk

Your chosen vendor lacks mirror image software. Definitely go with another vendor who will explain the process to you, and guarantee a reasonable turnaround time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back