Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle or Proteus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recommend DesignSpark PCB. Unlimited board size And its free.
I didn't like Eagle and expected an more intuitive interface in a
Commercial product.

For me...it was about how fast I could understand and use the interface to produce a maintainable schematic ,board fab documentation, and mfg output. I'm an experienced board designer and used a few pcb design tools in the past so I already had an idea of what to look for in a design tool. I struggled with Eagle and gave up after a couple of days. Design spark is free, you are not locked into specific resources, and board size is unlimited.

eT

Totally agree, I have used a fair few packages in industry and attempting to use Eagle is just bizarre - there is no intuition in its interface at all for me.

I learnt all the other packages without manuals, pretty easy to pick up. I want to spend time getting the job done, not learning some peculiar (for me) interface :).

Can anyone lend me a copy of proteous please, I've got to make some mods to a pcb created in it. I only use easy pc

Thanks
Phil

Can anyone lend me a copy of proteous please, I've got to make some mods to a pcb created in it. I only use easy pc

Thanks
Phil

You cannot "loan out" a copy of Proteus. You must purchase it.

And a quick warning before you ask, it is against forum rules (and illegal) to ask for a cracked version of the software. Either find a friend who uses it and borrow their computer, or purchase it yourself. I'm afraid there is no other option.

I love how people allways misspell the name of this program, and it is allways so obvious they never even bought it.

Phil
I have not used Proteus but tried Eagle and was not really impressed, I am now using (free) Kicad to replace my old outdated version of Orcad, so far it compares favourably.
And there are many tutorials and utube Vid. out there for it.
Max.

I have not used Proteus but tried Eagle and was not really impressed, I am now using (free) Kicad to replace my old outdated version of Orcad, so far it compares favourably.
And there are many tutorials and utube Vid. out there for it.
Max.

I think Phil was saying he needed the software because he already has files created in Proteus and needs to make changes to them. You cannot port from Proteus to Eagle or Kicad (to my knowledge).

Well I am Canadian but I was born and raised here::happy:
This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself
Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall
Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands,--
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
(W.S.)
Max.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back