Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

eagle multycopy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloody-orc

how to masscopy electronic parts in eagle schematic maker? i have to make 450 leds and i would like to use at least a bit of copying cause it's wery annoying to place them all one at the time.
Also a good thing to know is how to massmove

(massmove and masscopy are moving/copy&pasting lage number of details at once (not one at the time))

thank you

draw as big of a led array as you can stand, and then use cut and paste to copy it.

step 1: draw up your leds
step 2: group them using the GROUP command
step 3: cut them (really means copy) - CUT command
step 4: either left click your group or click on the GO icon
step 5: paste your copied parts with the PASTE command
step 6: repeat the PASTE command as many times as you need

my tip for you, cut and paste works well for parts, but don't use it on nets ... if you draw your led array and wire it, and then try to cut and paste, your net names will get duplicated (and connected invisibly), so unfortunately you'll still have to net and junction your array once you're done with the layout.

mass-move is also done with the GROUP command, after you group, right click and drag to move the group. group remains after moving, and even if you move parts in the group, they'll still move with a right click and drag

only way to break a group is to group something else, even just a single part.

thanks!

i figured it out just 10 minutes before tha post really :p kinda stupid to use cut instead of copy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back