Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle, library part related question

Status
Not open for further replies.

danrogers

Hi all, I haven't used Eagle for a while. I want to make some boards for use with PLCC6-RGB leds.

I can't find the footprint that I made for it, but I have a saved project PCB layout with the footprint used. When I look at the properties it says that the part is in the 'personal library', but when I search for it I can't find it?

Is there a way to save the footprint again easily, or to just get the old footprint onto another board layout? I can't just rip down the old board layout with the footprint on because I have designed a new board and simply need to add a couple of these LED's to it.

I hope that makes sense and someone can help me out :)

Thank you

I have not done this for a long time. I know you can make a library our of all the parts you used it a board. The new library will only have the parts you used. I don't remember how.

I don't know what happened to your library. Have you searched all your drives for it?

If you don't find it there shouldn't be a problem creating a new package for an LED.

When using SMD parts don't miss to use layer51 instead of layer21 for the part outline. That way the solder pads won't be overwritten with the component layer in case you order the PCBs at a board house.

If there is anything printed on an SMD pad you will have severe problems when populating the PCB for soldering.

Layer51 is never used when printing a silk screen.

Boncuk

Last edited:
Hi Ron and Boncuk - I hope you are both keeping well.

Bon, the trouble is that I use & have used so many machines over the last few years because I run Eagle from my usb stick. I really should sort out all my folders on all the machines that I still have lol!
Thanks for the tip, I guess that's when you are making the part you select the correct layers?

Ron, thanks very much for the link - it has worked and I now have the footprint I need on the board layout that I need. Many thanks to you sir :)

Hi Dan,

if you are in a hurry to get the package just post a link for the datasheet of the part.

I'll create a completely new device for you.

Just PM me your email address to send the Eagle files to you.

Regards

Boncuk

Hi Dan,

if your LED is a CREE PLCC6-3 here are package and symbol.

Regards

Boncuk

Attachments

• PLCC6.gif
    PLCC6.gif
    12.7 KB · Views: 714
  • PLCC6-SYM.gif
    PLCC6-SYM.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 345
Hi Boncuk

Only just checked back to this thread, I managed to save my botched up old version I made

That looks like the right package - where can I find it :)

Many thanks

Hi Dan,

I guess you won't find it in Eagle.

I created a new package for curiousness to see how it works out. You may have the (separate) library for it.

Just PM me your full name and your email address.

Boncuk

Thanks Bon I will do.

I have just come up against another problem, I need to use a pin header but the pin numbering needs to be reversed i.e i need to swap pin 1 for pin 6 and visa-versa.
The standard pinheaders will do but I can't think how to get around it?

Hmmm there does not seem to be a SOT223-3 package in Eagle either? I'm after one for this V.reg https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/linear-regulator/6695184/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back