Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle layout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasatboy

guy's i have a circuit here that i am making. I have all the components except for an IC chip that I had to order! the chip is SMD and the rest is through hole!

It seems that when i want to switch to PCB layout editor and it wants to create the board it sets the SMD chip on the top layer with the through hole components.

How can I move this IC pads to the bottom layer? I tried "change"--> "layer" --> "bottom" and selecting the pads. Also tried smashing the chip and selecting the pads. Any ideas? I know mixing components is a bad ahbbit but I want to use as much of what I have as possible!

It's the Mirror command.

Check the package and see if there is an indicator for pin1. There usually is. If there is not, I suggest adding one in the library editor mode. Knowing which is pin 1 will help immensely when you mirror the chip and start routing to it. Use a layer for the mark that won't show when you print the traces, pads, etc.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back