Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle help newbie here

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is strange. It looks like you have a copper pour with airwires still showing. In the view layers dialog, turn off everything except the copper layer you are using (i.e., top or bottom) and pads. Then see if it still happens.

john

sir here is the image all layers are open View attachment 67165

how can i make a pcb layout from this which i can print? black and white only

also how about the red and blue layers...how can i make them one or is this possible?

1) You have layer violations (crossed out pads)
2) Red is top layer
3) Blue is bottom layer
4) You have unrouted airwires

Please do the following: Turn off all layers except the bottom (blue) layer. Print it, mark "black" in the print dialog.

You should get a normal looking, but obviously incorrect board. That will confirm the errors are in the board layout, not something funny with Eagle.

If you attach your board file I will work with it. ETO allows Eagle BRD files.

It appears that as you were making the layout, you changed from one signal layer to the other. For example, from red to blue. You then had pads on one layer and tried to connect to nets on the other without a via. That won't work. Eagle won't allow a valid connection to be drawn that cannot be made in reality.

John

I just noticed you´re using that example, which is rather poor for what you want to do. First you need to delete those rectangles in tRestrict layer and the top layer. Then use the polygon tool to draw the rectangle outline, use the name tool and change the name to GND. Then click ratsnest to see the filled shape.

For printing, hide all the layers you don´t want in the print, then click print and set the black and white option everything else you want. If you have a pdf printer installed you can print into a pdf so you don´t waste paper ;)

Last edited:
im just figured out that this is 2 layer pcb board...but i only need a single pcb layout....

any techniques in using eagle pcb for layout

thanks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back