Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle - Change part NAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanjayPhirke

Hi,

I use Eagle for PCB designing. Normally development, we have to delete some parts, add new ones... In this process the part names are not left in sequencial order.

Is there some way so that we can update the names of all the parts in a schematic?

Thanks in advance.

What version of Eagle do you use? I use Eagle 4.14 and do not know of a way to globally change all names to be, for example, consecutive numbers. That used to be a minor problem when I would "add" several common parts, like capacitors and resistors, to a work area, and then pull those parts into the schematic as needed. Now, I use the "delete and copy" sequence or "delete and add" sequence.

In other words, if you delete the part first, then add the new part using either the add or copy commands, the numbers will be sequential. Of course, they may not follow a logical sequence across the schematic, but that might be asking too much for the program to do.
John

Eagle 4.03

I use Eagle 4.03 version.

It is true that if we delete a part first & then add another, the part numbers will be consecutive. But this is not the case always. In most of my designs, I delete unnecessary components at later stage & don't add any more.

Previously I used to use Orcad ESP v4.20 (DOS) software, in which it could be done by "Annotate Schematic" tool.

ulp (Next to the zoom buttons)
renumber-sch.ulp

done

PS GOD I must know almost everything about Eagle ;) EGO shot!

That is nice to know. Thanks. So, where are all of the ulp commands/macros documented? I could not find that information under "help."

no idea where they are documented.... just look the names of those files, they seem to give away what they hold inside themselves. same for the scripts.

Thanks!

Thanks bloody-orc.

The file you suggested solved the problem. Actually the file was not present in Eagle 4.03. So I downloaded it from the web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back