Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle Beta 4.91

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
Cadsoft has a new Beta version of Eagle that can be downloaded.

I have used it for about an hour and so far I did not have any problems.

They have made some changes to the UI. Maybe a bit more mainstream.

Says it will not run with other versions installed.

3v0 said:
Cadsoft has a new Beta version of Eagle that can be downloaded.

I have used it for about an hour and so far I did not have any problems.

They have made some changes to the UI. Maybe a bit more mainstream.

Says it will not run with other versions installed.

Hey, very nice. Finally the GUI toolkit joins the 21st century! I've been using Eagle for a couple of years and the interface has always been my only major problem with it--on Linux it's a lot like running a Motif app from the early '90s. Now it looks and feels modern.

I actually just used the Linux installer and it (so far) appears to work just fine alongside my existing Eagle installation. I did install it in a different directory, though. I've just had them running simultaneously on different viewports. The stable Eagle, not surprisingly, doesn't want to load files saved from the beta. :)

Thanks for the heads-up; I've been waiting for the beta to get a bit more stable but haven't really been following it.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back