Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

E-Z-GO GOLF CART NEEDS YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brrain

ok i''ll try to be quick my friend got a golf cart for cheap ! why cheap ? some-one was spun or something and went to town on the wiring there is a switch at the key and it goes to the speed control ,forward/reverse switch (solid state and heavy duty),there's a charging socket,a 36 v coil that says 5 turns on the out side, it has a 2 + and 2 - terminals,outside ones /heavy duty to batteries and motor,inside ones have 2 wires each + and - probably 16 or 18 guage wire and there is a diode from + to - as well as a 250 ohm resistor.at first inspection I saw that the lead on one side of the resistor had been roken so I spliced it w/ wire and soldered it ,it tested @ 249.8 ohms so I re-installed it . all that I have checked( that i know how to anyway) seems fine but I am not sure on the "flow" if you willl and can't find a wiring diagram. can someone please either 1)break it down for me real quick how the path of current flows thru each component (so i can follow a correct path) or 2) point me in the direction of a wiring diagram for FREE!!! thx a million in advance!
J

**broken link removed**

There is a Monkey-1 person offering diagrams. You can try them. Another buggy site mentioned they can not get permission to list the diagrams at this time.

I also saw some sites that sell them.

If it all baterry or combination? You might want to send pictures to get more help.

thank you !!

pics are a good idea but i don't have the cable for my cam to pc so i'll try to use my sis's.anyhow Mr. Amos thank you fo the reply! gonna work on the pics

make and model

it is and e-z-go cart, a 2001 model year and it is a "fleet" (that is the model i understand.I pretty much got the gist of how its supposed to go I think but it is pretty obvious that the jack asses that were messin with it had no clue what they were doing and i wanna cover my ass so there is no guesswork seeing its not mine to learn on.on the forward and reverse switch there are a few wires that are chained from 1 to another.why would that be is the what basically reverses the current of the batteries to go reverse.those wires were not right i'm sure cuz the y were butchered.then i noticed that the neg battery terminal had a lead going to a terminal labeled B+(i believe it is a coil that is is connected to,it is the thing with the diode and a 250 ohm resistor. to me that means positive on the battery. is there any way that could be right? I know its hard without pix guys and i'm workin on it so thatks for your patience!!
thx
J

Very hard to pictures. Your logic sounds right..

Can you draw in MS Paint a diagram of what you have traced out. That would help a lot.

You mention a coil? Is is a standard coil, or a coil on a transformer? In other words, the coil is not for spark ignition right?

I will google for the model and see what I can find.

Found this. Not sure on the year, but probably close. Looks at the
5th post (I think it was).. From as I stated earlier, Monkey-1 guy..

**broken link removed**

I see no copyright information on the picture so I will attach it as well, it is posted on their forum as well. Nigel or others will remove it if there is a problem.

Attachments

• fleetsm.jpg
    fleetsm.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 407
wow thank you

that is not the exact one i am dealing with but it is close enough to get me where I need to be i think !! MrAmos I THANK YOU !!! tomarrow i will know if i got enuf info there. the coil i would be talkin about is where the BL + lead goes to where the A2 terminal is . i call it a coil because on the part it says coil and 5 turns or something I will get some part # 's hopefully tonight ,,,mramos thx a million!
J

Looks like S1 is forward and reverse switch, and the coil thing maybe controls the speed? That is a log ot batteries for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back