Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dynamo powered radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

louishenri

Hey I need some information on how to build a dynamo powered radio.the radio currently works on 8 1.5v tipe D batterys.Any info is welcome.If possible a circuit diagram.

THANK YOU

No diagram needed - just ten D type NiMh batteries (you need ten to replace eight normal batteries), fed through a rectifier. Feed the rectifier from the dynamo, making sure the polarity is the correct way round (or it won't work, the rectifier stops it).

I don't see why you should need any batteries.

For a start, without a charging circuit or at least a current limiting resistor, the batteries would soon overcharge.

All you need is a voltage regulator, such as the LM7812 on the output of the rectifier.

You might need to add some overvoltage protection, depending on the maximum output voltage from the dynamo.

Yes I am, he didn't say anything about it being hand cranked, I thought it was going to be on a bike.

Still, didn't think that was important, my mum's bike has dynamo lights which go out when she stops, except for a capacitor in the rear light which keeps the LEDs flashing for a minute or so.

Still, didn't think that was important, my mum's bike has dynamo lights which go out when she stops, except for a capacitor in the rear light which keeps the LEDs flashing for a minute or so.

Wouldn't keep a radio going though - but we're just speculating anyway, the OP has never clarified his question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back