Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dvd player troubleshoot???any 1 know??

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyhi

hi. im an electrician and im very intersted in electronics but know nothing about them so please bare with me.i have a cheap upconverting digitex dvd player.ive had it for a year and all of a sudden the power does not stay on.i turn it on and the lcd screen blinks.can any one help me here.i took it apart and played around with it and it worked for a while.any 1 know how to trouble shoot this????

i moved some wires around n played with everything

Might be a loose connection, you might try recrimping the connectors. Else trash it and buy a new DVD player. They're not made to be serviced.

dvd player circuit board

im trying to fix my dvd player wich when i turn on the lcd screen flickers ...the dvd player wont stay on.. now im new at this but i think with some understanding i can figure it out.i open the dvd player and theres 2 ciruict boards..the first on the left looks like it just handels the 120v and transformes it to 5 v i believe.. im guessing its dc.. it has mostly resistors.the second board looks like it handles the audio and video...im sure heres still voltage to the second board of course but am i correct to assume the problem should be in the first board..???again im new at this so bare with me..but i think the first board regulates all the voltage and transmits it to the audio and video am i correct???? the first board has i think 12 resistors i tested them all and about 8 of them im sure work.. i might be calculating the other ones wrong but does this sound like a resistor problem???? and i know its not worth fixing but its something i always wanted to do and im preety good with fixing things.. ty

first check conectors and than check the weldings on the circuit board

you mentioned earlyer that you get it working after fiddeling with it so sounds more like a loose contact

is the print board damaged?

if there are small cracks in the board inspect all copper paths you will need a magnifier to see it clearly

if the device has to print boards as you discribe than most likely one is the supply and controll board and the other one more the signal processing board

if you make a picture it easyer to identify

Usually there are 2 or 3 board in a cheap DVD players. the power supply, MPEG board or maybe video output board. You can check voltage coming out of the power supply board. Usually 5v, 12v. If the fault is in the MPEG board, don't even try to fix it. It's more than just video in and out. It has digital processing, MPEG conversions...etc. All the components are surface mount, and the board could be 4 layers. DVD player, especially cheap ones are not made for servicing and repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back