Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DVD player repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I need your help.I have one faulty old DVD player China make. The problem is "NO DISC" shows. First I clean the lens With IPA, then switch on Player it shows again "NO DISC" . second i replace the disc drive motor,then i switch on plyer it shows "NO DISC".
So i don't how its solve the error. Pls send any Root cause of this error.

I awaiting your reply.thanking you...

Here is what i fond on the internet

Hello I need your help.I have one faulty old DVD player China make. The problem is "NO DISC" shows. First I clean the lens With IPA, then switch on Player it shows again "NO DISC" . second i replace the disc drive motor,then i switch on plyer it shows "NO DISC".
So i don't how its solve the error. Pls send any Root cause of this error.

I awaiting your reply.thanking you...

1. Check the disc you're using for scratches and dirt. If the disc is damaged it won't play properly, regardless of the DVD player's ability to function. You can use a DVD repair device like the "Disc Doctor" to repair the DVD or purchase a new DVD.
2. Make sure the discs you're using fit the correct format specified by your DVD player. For example, if your DVD player doesn't support home-burned DVD-R's, then you can't use a DVD that you made at home. You may need to upgrade to a newer model, most of which accept the latest DVD formats.
3. Clean the laser lens with a DVD laser lens cleaning disc. DVD laser lens cleaning discs can be purchased at most electronics retailers or online. Insert the laser lens cleaning disc and follow the instructions.
4. Insert a correctly-formatted, undamaged disc into your player. Listen to see if it begins to read the disc. If it continues to make no sound and gives you the same message, then the problem is probably that your disc is not spinning in the device.

oh, I forgot the last ones. Here :
5. Turn the device off and unplug it. Take off the outer casing by removing the three or four screws and lifting the top piece off. This will allow you to see if anything is simply stuck or jammed. If this is the case, a simple nudge back to the correct position will fix the problem.
6. Clean the lens while the DVD player is open. A dirty lens is most likely the cause of your no-disc error. The lens should be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab.

Hope these will solve your problem. But if your problem is still unsolved and you really want to watch the DVD, you can use a DVD converting program to convert your DVD and then play it on your computer, phone or other portable devices. Here is a highly recommended Mac DVD ripping software for you.

Last edited:
I feel that even the motor fails, in the sense, if tried to rotate by hand, a good one shows as if stepping, while a bad one rotates freely without that step effect.

Optical heads need change as rightly suggested . we in India get some "DAPIC" make types of dvd head assemblies

Finally it would be cheaper and wiser to buy a new one than wasting more money and shorter life or bad quality even if you try to repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back