Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DVD help

Status
Not open for further replies.

biferi

I know that Widescreen DVDs are 16:9 and if you get a Movie that is Widescreen it will be Latterbox.

The black bars on top and bottom are to keep the Movie in it's correct Ratio as it was Filmed.
So if you play it on a None Widescreen TV you will still see it as Widescreen because it is Latterbox.

I get all of this but now I see this
SCREEN FORMAT: Enhanced Wide Screen Letterbox for 16x9 TV.

So doe this mean it will be Enhanced Wide Screen for if I play it on a Widescreen TV but it will be Latterbox for a None Widescreen TV?

The definition of "Enhanced Wide Screen" is not firmly established but it generally refers to a DVD that is designed for 16:9 TVs. It would fill the screen of a widescreen TV, but if you selected a 4:3 playback mode on the DVD player, it will show as a letterbox picture on an old standard TV display.

Are you watching movies on a standard TV?

So if I play a DVD that is Enhanced Widescreen on a Widescreen TV it will fill the Width and Height without Latterbox Bars am I right?

So if I play a DVD that is Enhanced Widescreen on a Widescreen TV it will fill the Width and Height without Latterbox Bars am I right?
True I think. But I have watched some DVD's which were originally photographed in a widescreen 2.39:1 format and there were black bars at the top and bottom of the screen with a 16:9 (1.77:1) TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back