Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dust Collection automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody2

Hello.

I am looking for some help in finding an alternative to a simple on/off relay. Attached in a picture of an Automatic dust collection system that was found in the July/August Find Woodworking Magazine. Credit to the Author as is a very good system. However, I would like to add a delay on/off relay to the system to allow the ability to reduce load on the circuit and allow the dust collector to run a few seconds after the table saw or other large tool is turned off. I have looked at time delay relays but my novice electronic experience just will not let me comprehend the necessary equipment and wiring diagrams needed. Any Ideas would greatly appreciate.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 356
What you are looking for is a "delay-on-make" timer to be placed between the current sense relay and the relay for the dust collection motor.

I built one many years ago, with a 2 second delay on starting the vacuum, and also a 10 second delay on stopping the vacuum after I stopped the table saw. It was home built circuitry. If you can afford the costs, go with the commercial timers.

Ken

Attachments

• ShopVac Delay Modules .gif
    ShopVac Delay Modules .gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 359
  • ShopVac Delay Modules 2 .gif
    ShopVac Delay Modules 2 .gif
    23.9 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips