Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dummy poll

Whats your favorite resistor?

• 1 Ohm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10 Ohm

• 100 Ohm

• 470 Ohm

• 1M

• 10 uF

• Whats this "resistor" thing you are talking about?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitelly 10uF, it's the best value. When you connect it, it makes strong magnetic field that will erase your Credit cards :lol:

Jay, is that the best you can do?

I pick none of the above because 120V isn't listed. I'll use 120V, wrap a credit card up in a bunch of wire and aluminum foil, and connect the two voltage leads (one on each side) to the covered credit card

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

This one is an joke.
a nano joke? LOL its A JOKE! not AN JOKE! or A nJOKE!

mstechca said:
Jay, is that the best you can do?

I pick none of the above because 120V isn't listed. I'll use 120V, wrap a credit card up in a bunch of wire and aluminum foil, and connect the two voltage leads (one on each side) to the covered credit card
Well, I don't wanna get myself killed :lol:

If you think that is stupid an frend of mine got realy bored(as he usualy dose) and got to cuting wires in an mains outlet dring class.He sead that it is not powerd on and that he needs to hold live and neutral at the same time to get shocked.He didnt listen and got well zaped.dont wory he is fine his finger was only red and he told me that it hurt a lot.

I got a lots of times zaped DC from capacitors.And a realy good one wen playing whith an trasformer from an old tube radio.

I think DC makes an much more painsful zap

Driving 2kV in to a pencil drawn line was prety cool.Its was sparking and arcing all over the place.

I also made arcs in metan(gas used in cigarete lighters)And they ware green.It didnt ignite since there is no air in(but i wod like to see it ignite and blow up the plastic box)

Someone Electro said:
I also made arcs in metan(gas used in cigarete lighters)

Ummm... actually, lighter fluid is usually butane, or a mix of butane and propane. Methane is far too explosive, and would stink too much.

Hi,

I used to rather like the 470k in the older range, body, end spot.
There was a sort of asthetic appeal to me with the mauve body and
the yellow spots.
In the later types i liked the 200 ohms, the red-black-red sort of
stood out a bit for me. And the 33k looked quite nice too.

But i have no attraction at all to the newer four band types.
I dunno why.
Maybe with just three bands i could see the value at a glance,
maybe it just takes a tiny bit longer to figure the value with 4
bands, i dunno.
But they dont have the appeal for me of the earlier types.

John :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back