Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dubilier capacitor hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Can anyone tell me where I can find replacement dubilier canned drilitic capacitors for my Ampro 16mm projector amplifier, its an old 1950s model. The caps are 80uF 150 volt dc polarised. I have hunted high and low for them! Or could I use something else to replace them. I am no expert on electronics, and have carefully noted the wiring to the four prongs on the old caps. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. oh the cans are 75mm x 20mm, and just fit in the projector body, so anything larger would be a problem.
Patrick

The electrolytic caps now a lot smaller than in 1950's. If they are in power supply
you can always use higher V than 150. Higher C can be circuit dependent on rectifier
tube loading, so do not go crazy.

https://vinylsavor.blogspot.com/2021/05/tube-of-month-5u4.html (example discussion)

You can go here and filter to desired C and V -

Regards, Dana.

When you say it has "four prongs on the old caps." it may be that there are 2 (Or even possibly 3 if one prong is common negative.) capacitors in the can. You need to check if it is just a single capacitor with two prongs for each connection.

Les.

The caps are 80uF 150 volt dc polarised.
Does it say "80+80" or something similar?

A higher voltage replacement is fine, and the tolerance is very loose; eg. 100uF would definitely be OK< 150uF probably..

There are plenty of places online to get large can, single dual or multi section electrolytic caps, if that is what it is.
eg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back