Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dual serial comm. to/from a micro-processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

den372

Hi, Has anyone had experience with dual or triple serial communication say rs232 with multiple devices to a single micro-controller (microc)? I need a microc to be able to serial comm. with a computer and a different microc. These comm do not have to occur simultaneously. My micro only has one serial in/out port Any input on this matter is appreciated

Thanks for the reply. I am using a BASIC Stamp 2p 40-Pin Module and I am trying to interface this with a PC and another BASIC Stamp 2p 40.

Use Hardware Serial port of Basic Stamp with PC and use SPI or I²C with another Basic Stamp.I think you can use so many other devices on that same SPI or I²C.
BTW Bit banging is a still good option but I think might require good Programming wheres SPI,I²C are much simpler,faster and secure than Classical Serial Communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back