Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dual-output transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherial

banggood electronics
I have a 12VA CT transformer, from which I would like to get both 24vdc and 12vdc.
As shown, I use Top-Center to get 12v, and Top-Bottom to get 24v.
The transformer is rated for 500 mA @ 24v series output, and 1 A @ 12v parallel output.
I expect to simultaneously draw maximum 35mA @ 24vdc, and maximum 200mA @ 12vdc.

This is my first circuit utilizing mains AC.
Do you think this configuration with these loads could cause unexpected behavior?
I am concerned that the load on first half of the secondary might affect the 24v series output. (?)

You forgot to post a diagram?

Connect the input of a bridge rectifier to the 24V transformer winding with the negative bridge output going to common. That will give about 32Vdc to common from the positive bridge output when filtered by a capacitor.

Connect a filter capacitor from the transformer center tap to common. The bridge will act as a full-wave rectifier and give about 16Vdc filtered at the center tap to common.

The two loads will not interact significantly other than due to the resistive drop of the transformer, but both the transformer and the bridge rectifier must be capable of carrying the sum of the two load currents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back