Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dual optical sensor for household printers - default pinout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grossel

Hi.

Have scrap saved an old HP printer for parts, and ran into a optical censor (the one that counts position of a printer head).

Pinouts as in drawing (black dots not relevant here just two plastic parts through the PCB board).
80066 493 pinouts.svg.png

I haven't bothering numbering the pins for the led input, the others I have made my own definition (doesn't exist datasheet for this part anyway).

I assume the 6 pins are connected to 2 ldr transistors, that would make sense - and I doesn't ask for pinout for this particular piece either (I can always spending time testing until I have guessed the pinout anyway).
The full label on the part is "80066" and "493" - and searching on the web for this is numbers doesn't give any valueable info - no hits, I guess this is an in-house part number, or maybe HP made those by themself?

The thing I want to ask for : Is there a default, or most widely used pinout arrangement for this kind of parts ?

Thanks in advance

The thing I want to ask for : Is there a default, or most widely used pinout arrangement for this kind of parts ?

No, parts like this have no "standard pinout. These are modules that may be designed by HP and the individual photo Transistors placed into them OR they may be bought by HP as a module and HP designs their connector around the purchased module.

Back in the day, companies like HP, Sharp and several others were selling optical sensor modules but there was no standard pinout.

Ok, thanks. That make me realize that maybe it is some built in logic into these modules so I cannot access the ldr transistors directly.

I have drawn a partly scetch on the connections of the optic sencor to see if I can predict how it works. However - three of the pins are directly connected to a connector - and further to a flat cable ant other pcb card that is longe gone by now, so maybe this just aren't possible to figure out just by study the current pcb.
I can probably dig into the connections a little more if I remove an inductor onboard, but I honestly doesn't think that will help very much.

path1107.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back