Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dual circuit delay off flashing relay

Status
Not open for further replies.
heliguy said:
I will order the parts and let you know how it goes.
I have been looking at diy pcb kits, it looks interesting so I might give that a try.
Thank you
The generosity of strangers always amazes me.
I can't fully explain my motives, even to myself, but you're welcome. I hope it works. I did simulate it, but I did not account for ignition noise, etc.

help

Hi

I been busy building this but now it doesn't work and I don't know what I did wrong.
here's what I did
I re-did the schematic in express sch (most likely cause of error)
then did pcb layout in express pcb
then put it all together
now the mosfet's stay on all the time.

Attachments

• turn signal in express sch.bmp
    901.7 KB · Views: 194
  • 10-06-06_1238.jpg
    10-06-06_1238.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 174
  • 10-06-06_1239.jpg
    10-06-06_1239.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
When you post a schematic, use .PNG or .GIF. The file will be MUCH smaller than .BMP.
Your schematic is so screwed up, I'm not even going to try to show you all your errors. I take it this is your first PC board layout. You obviously left out a very important step - you should have made paper copies of my schematic and yours, and used a yellow marker to trace every node (connection) to ascertain that the schematics are identical. THEN you can do the layout.
After you think you have your schematic correct, re-post it, and I'll check it.

Good luck!

heliguy said:
Here goes
hope I did a better job this time
Looks a lot better! You still have the pin numbers screwed up on a1 and a3 (CD4001 sections).
Let us know if it works!

I just selected the part in express sch and there the pin numbers in its data base. the first time I connected to the correct pin number. (I think) This time I stayed true to symbolics. I will pull the data sheet for this part and see if the pin numbers are true for my part.

ps. Yes this is my first time doing this.

Ok I checked the data sheet and your pin numbers are correct. I guess the part in express is different or wrong I don't know enough about this to be sure. I have reassigned the pin numbers to correspond to the your schematic and the data sheet.
I have to say this is interesting stuff.
Thank you again.

Attachments

• turn again2.GIF
    turn again2.GIF
    67.3 KB · Views: 160
You really should notify Express PCB about the pinout errors.
Don't thank me just yet. Wait 'til you get it working. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back