Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dtmf

Status
Not open for further replies.

mytech

Plz suggest me..
Using which IC can i built DTMF control of equipments via RF?..
If you have any circuit ideas plz let me know..
Thanks.

Since today you can buy a DTMF phone for less than the cost of its DTMF generator IC, you can't buy the IC anymore.

I haven't seen a DTMF decoder IC for about 30 years.

audioguru said:
I haven't seen a DTMF decoder IC for about 30 years.

The MT8870 is still very popular.

For the DTMF generator (like the Philips PCD3311C), in order to survive, now include selection between I2C or parallel data input, modem tone generating and even two octave musical note generation. A bit of music while waiting on the phone line for all those "valuable customers".

One chip for all.

UM91214B (Tone Generator) & MT8870 (Decoder) is a good match pair unfortunately they are out of date.
But still available in some areas.The UM91214B is more than 15$ & the other is 0.6$.
The circuits are in their data sheets.

Nigel Goodwin said:
You're going back 30 odd years, things have moved on a LOT since those primative days!.

Thanks a lot to all...
Actually i wanted to control devices around 10 using 4 digit password for security purpose via wireless...
I deciede DTMF , If you say this an old technique suggest me present tech.
I am little unawareness in this case.
Thanks...

mytech said:
Thanks a lot to all...
Actually i wanted to control devices around 10 using 4 digit password for security purpose via wireless...
I deciede DTMF , If you say this an old technique suggest me present tech.
I am little unawareness in this case.
Thanks...

Check my PIC tutorials, you simply transmit a digital code with one PIC and the receiving PIC decodes and does what's required. It GREATLY simplifies both ends of the system, and adds much greater flexibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back