Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DTMF Decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm trying to use the MT8870 DTMF decoder to decode DTMF signals from an RJ11 Phone Jack. I'm from Trinidad and use the same DTMF 2500 telephone set like in the United States if i'm not mistaken. I'm using the decoder in the differential input layout as shown in the datasheet but i think i would need to know the tone timing durations (busy tone, dial tone etc...eg. 0.5s on/0.5s off) in order to calculate the values of capacitors and resistors to use in the differential input configuration shown. Does anyone know where i could find these tone timing durations?...I've search and searched and searched but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Am i going about this the correct way? i.e. to know what values to use for resistors and capacitors in this differential input configuration?

Attachments

• mt8870[1].pdf
    290.5 KB · Views: 211
The MT8870 decodes the dialing touch-tones from a telephone, not busy tone nor dial tone from the telephone central office. It notches out the North American dial tone.
The differential input uses capacitors calculated to pass the lowest frequency (607Hz) touch-tone. The resistors determine the input impedance and the gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back