Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DTMF decoder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindctrl

Hi all,

I want to build the famous rotary cell phone **broken link removed**

Only I want to do something a little different... I want to make a spoof off of the car phone idea. I want to take my normal 2.4ghz wireless phone, take apart the base receiver, build a custom box and turn it into a cell phone using this module: **broken link removed**

It's the GM682 module. Basically I need to intercept the DTMF tones, convert them to numbers, and then send an AT command. Obviously I would need to use a PIC for this, but that's fine because then I can make a neat LCD output too. I tested my phone after unplugging the phone line so that there was no dial tone, and it still generated the DTMF tones which I am assuming were sent to the line port, no matter whether or not the actual phone line was plugged in. So if I could solder into the leads, intercept the DTMF tones, convert them to numbers, and then send an AT output string, I would pretty much be set. I was just hoping somebody would want to help me out on this and maybe learn something new with me! Anyway, all ideas, comments, and suggestions are welcome. Thanks for the input!

--mindctrl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back