Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DTMF decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franck

So, where do i find HT9170 dtmf decoder on eagle? or simply an 18 pin ic on eagle? please help me! quick! also, where do i find a dc motor? what search do i make?

Last edited:
Hobbiests and some products used DTMF decoder ICs 35 years ago. They are almost impossible to buy today. Eagle has never seen one.
DC motors are sold at many places. Little ones and huge ones.

may I suggest just buying a separate DTMF IC and just soldering the 4 wires it takes to go to the PIC?

Hobbiests and some products used DTMF decoder ICs 35 years ago. They are almost impossible to buy today. Eagle has never seen one.
DC motors are sold at many places. Little ones and huge ones.

I have to disagree with that! DTMF decoders are extremely common in answering machines and most business type phones including new ones, and you can get DTMF decoder ICs easily from many surplus electronics outlets with recent date stamps. They are just a little hard to find in singles from the typical hobby electronics outlet because people don't use them much, and which is probably the reason there is no Eagle part.

Do you mean a DTMF decoder or a DTMF receiver? The decoder just takes the two tone detector outputs and converts then to one of 12 or 16 digits. The receiver does the whole job. And there are two versions of DTMF receivers, Central office quality (type 1) and answering machine quality (type 2 which has been dropped from the current standard ANSI/EIA/TIA-464-C). Radio shack used to sell a type 2 receiver chip that only required a few external components. Most manufacturers are using custom chips these days that have other functions on the same chip as well and designed to work with whatever they are using for a backplane clock (usually these days it is 2.048MhZ.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back