Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dsPIC30F4013 Invalid target device id

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! Now this is interesting! I remembered that I had the PICkit2 software installed. Tried it with Junebug and the dsPIC30F4013 and it sees the chip just fine, and is able to erase it and read it with no problems.

The PICkit2 (Junebug) is greyed out in MPLAB when I choose the 4013 device, so I had been using my Inchworm+. I'm running MPLAB v8.00.00.00. Maybe it's time I upgraded to the slightly newer version they have there.

After erasing I tried it again on the Inchworm+ with MPLAB and it still won't detect. Back on Junebug with PICkit2 software and it's fine.

Now I need to write a quicky program and blink some LEDs. :D What fun! Have to learn a new assembler (GCC) AND a new assembly language at the same time. This is gonna take a few hours.

EDIT: Updated to MPLAB v8.02 and nothing has changed. It appears there's some problem with MPLAB/PICkit2 and at least some dsPICs, and also with MPLAB/ICD2 and at least some dsPICs, though it may just be with my Inchworm+. I don't know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back