Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dsPic Speech Recognition library

Status
Not open for further replies.

tresca

Quick question that I have not been able to find the exact answer for.

Thinking of maybe starting up a speech recognition project. I saw that microchip has a library for this exact task.

**broken link removed**

There seems to be only 4 devices supported.

My question: Are those the only 4 devices that are supported (yes, it even though that it says that) or can another dsPic be used that meets the computational and memory requirements ?

Anyone have done a project similar to this using their own algorithms or microchips ?

AAAHH ! That makes more sense.

Looking through a few random dspics and the ones from the device list, it seems that the ones that are suported have a DCI (Data Converter Interface). Which I'm assuming is used to connect to the si 3000 voiceband ic that microchip says is necessary.

Thanks Bill !

Wouldn't a dedicated speech recognition IC be better? Offload a whole messload of processing power from the DSPIC.

I havent really looked in depth to those ic's but the ones I have seen, are trivial that respond to a few words or that are built into existing microcontrollers which would then mean, learning that uC and getting some programmer.

This is more of a fun project to do and at the same time, help me learn more about the dspic. Since dsPics are readily available where I am, I have a programmer, I'm familiar with microchip, and a library exists that is somewhat flexible to various words, it seems to be the better choice for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back