Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DSP board

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanku_16in

I need DSP boards that uses a 64x and 67x DSP chips, possibly the c6000 series chips from Texas Instruments.
I found a few boards from Spectrum Digital, but they are too costly and have a lot of extra added features that are not required.
The TI website has some 'Elite Design Houses' mentioned.
Can anyone suggest some already available boards in market (that are economically viable, preferrably within 100-150 bucks) or should i contact those companies to customise my board which m not too sure of since customization will perhaps be too costly!

Yeah BeagleBoard has a TI 64x card, but i do not need anything extra.
As I said, i already found a lot of boards from 'Spectrum Digital' which uses the TI chip mentioned, but they have a lot of extra features which are not required.
I just need a board that uses series c6000 chips 64x and 67x from TI and has PCI connectivity.. thats all, nothing else is required, as I am already using a motherboard.

Well, I doubt you'll actually find anything like that. Every OEM module out there for anything that I've found always has a little bit more than what I want. I'd be lucky if less than 50% of the PCB went towards stuff unrelated to the processor, RAM, power supply, and clock (anything that's actually required for the processor to run).

I was under the impression the Beaglboard was a lot better than most boards as far as feature-bloat goes. Maybe that's just because it's so small. Gotta admit it's about 5x cheaper than anything else you'd find at the same level though.

Last edited:
Call TI apps engineers, maybe they can direct you where to look.

@ dknguyen

yeah, i just realised that BeagleBoard is quite cheap as compared to the spectrum digital boards.
I went through the datasheet.
Well is there any such board, which gives me video capture and DSP together, just asking, i know possibility is very less though.

By video capture + DSP, are you just talking about a board that has the right hardware to capture video signals and pass them to a DSP for processing? THe stuff I've seen that does that tends to be FPGA-based stuff. The rest are PC-104 video capture/analyzing FPGA-based systems that can plug into a PC-104 single board computer.

But I've never looked too hard at any TI processor stuff because frankly the availability and accessibility is just non-existent.

There's always stuff like this, depending on how deep your pockets are:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Hmm.. okay, even i believe that kind of thing is non-existent. Moreover, i need a 4-channel video input, so that would almost be impossible to find.
Anyways, thanks for bringing the name 'BeagleBoard' into discussion. If you have knowlede about any other such boards which has the c67x chip in it, can you please share?

Hey i just found out that BeagleBoard is NOT a PCI based board. What I need is a DSP board with PCI interface.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back