Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ds1307 real time clock ic

Status
Not open for further replies.

baftab

am building a lcd clock..using ucontroller
it requires a ds1307
i cant find it here...
help me with a replacement :)
thnx

any sort of RTC should work, you'll need to alter your programming for differences in how the clock presents time... I believe the 1307 is hhmmss and mmddyyyy both in BCD format ... others are pure binary

so visit www.maxim-ic.com and download the datasheet for the 1307, and then compare it to RTCs that you can obtain in your area.

their site didn't help much i must say, all i wanted was a simple routine to get time, and all i got was mangled code connecting to keypad, rs232, lcd with 4-bit interfacing, bla bla bla, and i surrendered.

justDIY said:
so visit www.maxim-ic.com and download the datasheet for the 1307, and then compare it to RTCs that you can obtain in your area.

Yup, visit that site and try to request sample for ds1307. If you're lucky, they will send your request to your address. You can also request other ICs and RTCs there.

Good luck....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back