Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ds12887 interfacing with at89c51

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiranmayi

hi,
i'm doing a project to display the temperature using lm35,adc0804 on an lcd.
now i also want to display the time on the second line of lcd using ds12887(or any other rtc),i would like to know how to interface it since it is considered as external memory. rest of my code is in C.
thank u.

i did many clocks using 8051 :mu:Cs.. well you simple start with an arbitrary delay, let the watch run for a hour or tow, claculate the error, and adjust your delay in the code.. i did it 3 times before my clock was working perfectly.

note, the higher the value of the crystal you'r using, the better precision you'll get...

i have a C code, where i use those those software delays... (but it's messy! do you still want it? )

as far as i am learning, to perform RealTime as it is sayed in the books, you'll have to program it is asm, and calculate the time it takes to execute every single instructions.. (maybe Kyle can do that?)

instead of using a software delay i would want to use a real time clock.so i would like to know about interfacing ds12887 to at89c51.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back