Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DRV8833C suitable for driving resonant L-C circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe313

Good day, all
Recently I want to use DRV8833C for a theory work What does an LC Circuit Do? Example Analysis, my first thing is considering the resonant frequency, here I have other questions to figure out:
1) Is the DRV8833C suitable for driving a resonant L-C circuit at resonance frequency?
2) What needs to be considered regarding this?

Anyone has ideas of them? Thank you in advance!

Yes, under the correct conditions.
It would need to feed a low impedance tap, or a coupling coil, on the L-C circuit for that to properly resonate.

I'd try something like 10% in from the grounded end (or either side of centre, if it's using a push-pull feed) or a coupling coil over the main one with again around 1/10th the turns.

For info:
Think of the end of the tines on a tuning fork, or "twanging" a ruler overhanging a desk:
If you try and continuously force the end position, there is no real resonance, you are just moving it around.

By driving it appropriately close to the fixed point, you make it move and it's own resonance amplifies that movement at the end, as long as you use the correct frequency so resonance builds up (like pushing a swing at just the right time in every cycle).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back