Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drum machine....soldiering gone bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapper_eater

Hi,

This problem is largely my fault but I was wondering what y'all think...is it fixable or did I destroy this fine machine of mine?

I burned off one of my circuit paths on my ASR-X (drum machine). This is causing the drum machine to skip sounds. For example it will jump from sound bank ten to sound bank Fifteen.

LINK DELETED - MODERATOR

PLEASE POSTS ANY PICTURE ON THIS SITE, NOT ELSEWHERE

I've supplied a picture to show where the path is burned (it's on the back side of the board).

I was trying to install new rotary nobs. But it look like I really screwed up.

Any suggestions other then learn how to solider.

The Drum Machine is an ASR-X pro by Ensoniq.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
For those planning to click on his link - make sure your antivirus is up to date .......

Attachments

• virus.jpg
    virus.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 325
errr

:eek:

Sorry I had no idea, I'm going to run a few different virus scans to sort out the problem.

I'll post another picture later today.

Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:
It wasn't your machine that had the virus. When the site you uploaded to served me a popup window, that window had the bad code on it so its related to the site you linked to.

Maybe just resize the picture and upload it directly on here :)

That looks extremely trivial, just solder a piece of wire across the missing track.

At that scale, it looks to me like it might be even easier: just intentionally solder bridge it. That's a pretty small gap.

Regards,

Torben

To the right of the board looks like some kind of residue - did this board get damaged by liquid at all ?

a few more questions....

Thanks for the responses I've been a little cautious doing any more work on this machine...this whole project has been a little discouraging I have to say.

Could this connection be causing the rotary knobs to skip sounds? I know it's hard to say with out seeing the schematics.

It's right under where the knob is. My guess is just fix it and see what happens but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Also it appears to be burned (no soldier visible) will this matter upon repairing it?

Whats the likely hood I toasted the board or any of the components on the other side?

As for the residue....

I bought it off eBay...opened it up and it had that residue on both of it's boards...didn't seem to effect the function of the machine though. In hindsight I should of got the seller to send a picture of the boards.

Cleaned most of it off with alcohol. Any recommendations on a more effective cleaning method?

Thanks!

PS
Has any one ever worked on an ASR-X pro or Akai MPC? Any idea where I could get these schematics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back