Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

drop outlet voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudster

I went to home depot and found this
**broken link removed**

i want to drop the voltage to 36v
pretty much want the output be exactly the same amount as 4 9V batteries.
How would I do this?
Thanks

With a 36 volt power supply meant to run off mains power.

Maybe a little clear description of your goal. You linked to a basic three conductor power cord, intended to replace a damaged tool cord (my puppy went through a couple, but either spliced, or replaced with one I saved). He stopped after messing up an extension cord, that I had left plugged in, oops...

i want to make kind of Christmas lights. i have a series and parallel leds, 172 of them, which requires 4 9V batteries to power it up. Instead of wasting batteries i just want to use an outlet.
So like christmas lights. The plug i have is already polarized. and have a power supply is bulky.

As I said already just buy a 36 volt power supply...

Because most Christmas lights aren't LED's, the ones that actually are LED based either have a power supply or have the number of LEDS in series/parallel carefully valued for the AC voltage, yours were designed to run off a fixed DC voltage, so that's what you have to provide it.

Because most Christmas lights aren't LED's, the ones that actually are LED based either have a power supply or have the number of LEDS in series/parallel carefully valued for the AC voltage, yours were designed to run off a fixed DC voltage, so that's what you have to provide it.
ohh, the cord i have is already polarized. or does that not matter?

That has nothing whatsoever to do with it rudster, all that means is that one of the prongs is larger than the other so it can only be plugged into an outlet in one direction, it's a basic saftey feature on many electrical products.
All the cable you have can do is supply the wall outlet power (which we don't know because we don't know your location) from one spot to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back