Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driving lcd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just need to know how to turn on a single pixel of a colour lcd panel. How to change the colour? What are the parameters that affect it?

Many monochrome LCDs are straightforward and many use the same controller but the color displays are not all the same. What type of display is it? Is it the sony display that seems to be all over the place?

the sony display you are talking about comprises the drivers and controller rite? i only want to direct drive the panel.. is it possible? is there a common pin configuration for all colour lcds?

what controls the colour of the lcd? is it the voltage, frequency, current or,timing?? or is there some other pin which does that?

Hey,

I don`t know much about color displays jet, but you can look on the net the are much samples projects.

I am working with a mono display at the moment just a display with width less then 50mm. But if you work with that you use a driver that will control the display (voltage and stuf store stuf you want to display and so on) then you make a connection with a microprocessor or your PC and then you will use software that say to the driver what to display. If you want to use a pin that it will not be ease a LCD has for each colom or row a connection.

Cya

is there a diff between mono lcd and dot matrix b/w lcd panel??

i already have a circuit which provide square waves which contain no dc components.. it is able to light up dot matrix b/w lcd panels.. but when i touch it to a colour lcd panel, nothing happens... so im just thinking that there might be some other pins or something that controls the power or the power in my circuit is not enough... :D

Mono is just that there are 2 colors zo black and what you normal see. (backlight or not)

square waves are digital information waves.

But what for connection do you have with your LCD then, and what do you want to see and what can you see now. With normal b/w lcd there is a driver that controls the LCD and the drivers has 2, 4 or 8 pins for communication. But much pins just to send information to the electrode thats connectid to the glass. the electrode can be some pins but you will have much of them on each side of the glass.

But your saying that you put a signal to only 1 pins you that you will have a driver in it or you have put all pins to 1 point.

Cya

i have 2 connection point from my cicruit which i connect one to one of the pin of the lcd and another to the backplane of the lcd. this i can see the pixel which i connected to the pin light up... so to light everything, i touch all the backplane with one point of circuit and the rest of the pin of the lcd to the other point of my circuit...

so now my problem is i dunno how to drive a colour one, as my circuit does not work on it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back