Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driving an audio transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
I run across the PSD (phase sensitive detector) concept few days ago.

To test the basics (with no particular goal in mind) I plan to drive 1:1 audio transformer with a 3 KHz - 6 V p to p signal.

I know almost nothing about how to drive it: transistor, opamp, power opamp, small audio amp. Balanced or not?.

What are the basics to calculate in / out impedances and from there how to design something to drive it safely.

Honestly, as in many cases I would like to spend little time in getting something more or less functional. I am certainly more interested in what comes next: the PSD concept.

In this case, I found that reading A LOT, didn't help. I would say it confused me more than it helped.

I have been dreaming of a LM386 working as a power oscillator, or a balanced driver with common opamps to see what I get even if a tiny signal at the output.

I need help to avoid the most obvious false starts here.

Gracias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back