Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driving a vibration motor using discrete components

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came back to this old thread because I received an alert that I guess was recently cancelled.

Stand down guys, you can get back in your boxes now. :)

The thread was re-awakened by a spam post which has since been deleted.

JimB

Actually I ended up using the MGSF1N02LT1G. It seems to work. Build 10 sets and all the motors seem to be running well.

I still don't know what is a good MOSFET or BJT to use.

Audioguru, you said both the MGSF1N02LT1G and BC337 will not be fully on. But no one suggest something that will be suitable and will turn on fully. Anyone other suggestions that I can try?

Actually I ended up using the MGSF1N02LT1G. It seems to work. Build 10 sets and all the motors seem to be running well.

I still don't know what is a good MOSFET or BJT to use.

Audioguru, you said both the MGSF1N02LT1G and BC337 will not be fully on. But no one suggest something that will be suitable and will turn on fully. Anyone other suggestions that I can try?
Since transistors and Mosfets have some with minimum spec's and others with maximum spec's then some will work and some will not work if ALL of them are not sensitive enough for your voltages (because you cannot order only very sensitive ones, you get whatever they have). Look in Digikey where you can select "typical" spec's for Mosfets then look on the datasheet of the most sensitive Mosfet to see if ALL of them are sensitive enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back