Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driver IC for IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

arustu

Please let me know of a driver IC that can be used in an IR receiver circuit.

The transmitter circuit has four switches. The receiver circuit has corresponding four operations.

I want to make these switches work wirelessly (using an IR). I was told that there is an IC available that can(after receiving a signal from the IR receiver) operate the corresponding function. But i dont know the IC number.

Please let me know if anyone has any info about it.

You can use a TP5089 DTMF (TOUCH-TONE) Generator to drive the IR, and a LM567 DTMF decoder and photodiode to recieve and drive your outputs (might need transitors/FETs ect...).

Both of these chips are old, maybe discontinued, but see them often on the surplus web stores I shop. I think they can do around 20 buttons/outputs. They aren't very expensive and should work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back