Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driver Ckt

Status
Not open for further replies.

yatishw

HI,
I need CKT to Drive series of LEDs (6/8 nos) through NO/NC contact with no supply flow through NO/NC contact

You aren't telling anyone anything? Maybe it is just me but your ststement:

I need CKT to Drive series of LEDs (6/8 nos) through NO/NC contact with no supply flow through NO/NC contact

makes absolutely no sense. What LEDs? What are the LED ratings like voltage & current? Normally Open / Normally closed with no supply flow? What do you mean?

Ron

I want to turn on LEDs with trigger from equipment. Equipment normally has 'Normally Open' contact when it turns to 'Close' LED should be turned ON. But i don't want any supply driven through equipment.

Can't be done without some current flow, but that current can me miniscule for the N.O. contacts. I assume they are all sharing the one common terminal and have N.O. connections on other terminals. This is common on a lot of Fire Alarm panels and CNC machine controllers. These contacts are usually either rated for 100mA to 10A and from +5 to +50 volts DC. High voltage and high current outputs usually don't have a common terminal for the contacts.

If you can live with approximately 10mA of current flow at 9VDC, use a 9V battery and connect the negative (-) terminal of the battery to the common. Connect each cathode of the LEDs to the contacts. Connect each LED anode to a 1/4 Watt resistor (see below). Connect the other end of all the resistors together. Connect the common resistor joint to the positive (+) terminal of the battery. If you need a longer running affair, use a 5 or 12V wall bug rated for at least 1/2A (500mA). The value of the resistor is then (VDC - VLED) / 0.01 VDC is the supply voltage, VLED is the LED voltage (1.8 for Red, 2.9 for Green, 3.9 for Blue) and the 0.01 is 10mA. Using a 5V wall bug, this works out to 330 Ohms for Red, 220 for Green and 110 Ohms for Blue - be careful, blue and green LEDs are super efficient, so 1K to 3,3K might be enough :p.

I can post a circuit using a transistor if less than 10mA of current is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back