Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drink Dispenser

Status
Not open for further replies.

deesnyas

Check it out. I don't think I ever started a thread before, but I know I was here and asked questions to get my project finished about 2 years ago. Well here it is. I am posting it because nothing ever became of it, and another company is working on something very similar. Well enjoy if you will.

[video]http://youtu.be/IehipSYvUA8[/video]

Last edited:
Obviously it works, but I noticed the vortex the filling creates... That would be horrendously disastrous with a carbonated drink.

Well here it is. I am posting it because nothing ever became of it, and another company is working on something very similar.
They steal the ideas out of your head while you sleep. Bastards. :p

Obviously it works, but I noticed the vortex the filling creates... That would be horrendously disastrous with a carbonated drink.
It would be manageable if the CO2 were injected in the low pressure part of the liquid stream as it left the filler nozzle.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, it was not disastrous. I too believed it would be and that was part of the hesitation in moving from proof to proto, but I tried it with a keg of bud light ( I know. Gotta work with what you got.) it worked just fine... fun times. Really pretty head too.

Believe it or not, it was not disastrous. I too believed it would be and that was part of the hesitation in moving from proof to proto, but I tried it with a keg of bud light ( I know. Gotta work with what you got.)

So are you going to try it with beer sometime?

(Sorry, couldn't help myself)

LOL I know. I got some Shok Top in the keg now. Not too happy with it though. I'll record it with that for fun. I did find a video with me doing Coke, the beverage, but that isn't a very good representation of the carbonation going smooth because I poured it in the cornykeg myself.

BrownOut, have you ever seen those Diet Coke w Mentos videos that abound on the net? Makes a hell of a mess =)
No Mentos involved here, but agitating carbonated liquids is never a good idea.

Yeah.... I don't think anyone will be dropping any mentos into the dispenser. Even if they did, the lack of a narrow neck would prevent the kind of geyser seen in the videos.

Still, I wouldn't recommend it.

Last edited:
BrownOut, have you ever seen those Diet Coke w Mentos videos that abound on the net? Makes a hell of a mess =)
No Mentos involved here, but agitating carbonated liquids is never a good idea.

You could try this: put a spoonful of sugar in the glass and add beer. :D

That will create the "hell of a mess" you mentioned.

Boncuk

You could try this: put a spoonful of sugar in the glass and add beer. :D

That will create the "hell of a mess" you mentioned.

Boncuk

Now that would be a horrendous disaster.... a waste of a perfectly good beer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back