Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dress that lights up

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

watching the news this morning and saw Carri Underwoods amazing dress.
Wonder who designed and electronics behind it?
And what it cost to fabricate?

....and where she conceals the batteries :D

I was watching one of those Talent Programs, some dancers had a girl who was a programmer / Dancer.

She liked Electronics / Programming and She Patented her idea of Programable light clothing. If I can find the vid of it I'll post it up.

It might have been her?

Wait a Minute....it's not that Carrie...the ex PB Girl ?

Regards from sloow land,
tvtech

No electronics, she just stood still and the patterns were projected on to it - notice how with the very slight movement of the fabric the folds move, but the projected display doesn't.

Remember K.I.S.S :p

Good Morning America showed how it was done. Not as interesting as having batteries in cleavage or ?

Hi,

I didnt see any links to the footage, but Carrie Underwood did in fact wear an LED dress at one point, whether it's the same as the one you guys are talking about or not i dont know.

But this isnt really too new, as Raven Symone wore an LED dress (i think she designed it herself) on one of the episodes of "That's So Raven" where she was trying to impress a sponsor for marketing the dress but the dress shorted out and kept giving her very uncomfortable shocks :) It was funny. That was some 6 or more years ago.

Hi,

I didnt see any links to the footage, but Carrie Underwood did in fact wear an LED dress at one point, whether it's the same as the one you guys are talking about or not i dont know.

A quick google instantly finds plenty - here's a good example:

https://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entert...ecrets-behind-carrie-underwoods-grammy-dress/

It clearly explains about the dress, which was simple material that had the effects projected on to it - no LED's, no electronics or anything clever at all :D

Agreed, maybe it should have been rear projection .

Hey honey where's my flashlight?

...........what............? :eek:

hey tcmtech I will send you a bill for new keyboard as mine now is drenched in coffee!!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back