Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Double regulated power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

laskachien

Hello
The goal is to change an old HP test inst.power.The transformer as one output with a middle tapeNOT wired on Ground.It give about 36vDC.This is regulated by 2N3055 and give Vout of 26v.FloatingThen this 26v are splitted in a +20v 4A ajustable and a -6.3V 1A,measured to ground(ground is catched on a serie -6.3v transistor.
This power is defect,and as it contains numerous TR and Zener I want to use todays regulators as LM317 or 350..How do Idesign this floatind power splitted into these 2 power?Thanks

What is the AC voltage across the power transformer secondary windings from the tap to either other end of the winding?

Are you in a 50Hz or 60Hz country?

Last edited:
Hello
Sorry to reply so late.
I d 36V rectified DC to use and split it into +20v 4A and -6.3V 1A.The rectifier and transf. go OK
It s to replace a power supply of an HP8601A,these is too old(1970) and contains much TR an zener...It goes suddently away,a zener 7.5v 10w between -6.3 and ground burn out.All TR I d replace,nothing goes netter.I d +24V impossible to go down 20v;and -6.3v is -0.8v!
Whithout scheme you cannot understand.You can if it s possible go to bama.com and search HP8601A sweeper,power schme A8
Thank from F for your kind answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back