Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

double acting solenoid valves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shohadawy

I've read in one of the forums that the double acting solenoid valves do not return to its initial position after deactivation... so, how can I make them return ... can this be done by applying a spike with an opposite polarity??

If I understand you correctly…

Double acting solenoids in the sense of Process control allows a valve to stay in either the open or closed position when air or PLC command power fails.

It is purposely designed in such a manner. Many valves are designed mainly for fail open or fail close, where power to the solenoid would actuate the valve to one position, and (usually by internal spring inside the valve actuator) the valve will drive into the opposite direction once power to the solenoid is removed.

As for double acting solenoids, they usually require two sets of power sources. (It's like having two individual solenoids. Each needs its own power)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back