Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dot Matrix Dashboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirua0304

Hello everyone..i'm really stuck with this.I'm assigned to do the dot matrix car indicator for electric car.In the dashboard,there is speedometer,battery indicator,ammeter and voltmeter for the motor usage.SO i do need help from anyone who can give me a hand on designing the circuit.:confused:

What, like an LCD?
Well, you need a graphics LCD and a microcontroller. You need to learn about ADCs and decide whether you want to have remote digital sending units on like a CANbus or run analog wires into the gauge head.

You need a backlight.

You will need to design a negative voltage supply for the contrast, because the needed contrast voltage varies a LOT with temp so you need to design something to read the temp and adjust the voltage automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back