Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dot bar display drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. One of them is linear, one is logarhythmic. (and I can't spell today) The 3914 is linear.

Ask again if I didn't give enough info.

No thats good info but if a design has a 3915 can I use a 3914 instead or will that not work like for example this circuit here **broken link removed**

Last edited:
The 3915 is internally set up to respond in decibels...proportionally larger steps. The 3914 has all steps equal (voltage wise). The lights will come on, but they won't mean the same thing. The 3915 was designed to fit a VU meter because that's what is useful in a sound situation. Use the right chip or you will be displaying almost useless information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back