Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Door Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory

I have been given KAMBROOK Wireless 12 V A27Battery Door bell transmitter and 240 Volt Receiver 50Hz 2W
The Range of the door bell is only 3M I have replaced the Battery in the transmitter but with no change .
How Can I increase the signal range as the power point for the receiver is 10 M away from the front door.

You could try doubling the length of the antenna.

Try moving either the transmitting antenna or the receiving antenna a few inches. Due to multipath, you could be in a null. Moving either ~ 1/4 wavelength might fix it.

There may be some interference on the channel. I recently went through this with a similar wireless system which transmits on 433MHz. The neighbor has a burgular alarm base unit which transmits continuously, blocking my device.

I have the device in the same room looking at each other and the signal is not there at the distance mentioned.
I will post attachment for you to help me with this project.
The aerial on the receiver is that the copper loop at the end .
Do I have to cut this to increase the aerial length and join the loop together.
Where is the aerial on the transmitter.
Thank you for your Help

Attachments

• IMG_3716.JPG
    IMG_3716.JPG
    483.2 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_3721.JPG
    IMG_3721.JPG
    597.4 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_3722.JPG
    IMG_3722.JPG
    477.2 KB · Views: 166