Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Don't want to waste 7-segment displays

Status
Not open for further replies.

scholesy

Hi all,
I've been given a few 4-digit and 2-digit multi-plexed LED 7-seg displays for a few ICL7107 projects I'm working on. Basically - an ammeter, a voltmeter, and a few temp gauges (all digital).

The circuits I have all seem to use ICL7107 A-D converters... which drive one segment per pin, and so can't handle multi-plexing. Imagine my initial confusion when I looked at the back of the 4-digit display, found only 10 pins, and wondered how the hell I was going to wire it up!!

My questions are:
Is there a different IC I can use with my LM35 temp sensor, that will happily drive a multi-plexed 4-digit display, and would I need a different IC again to combine 2 x 2-digit multi-plexed displays?

Seems an awful waste to not use these precious gifts.

thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back